Spring 2021 Backyard Birding Challenge
Spring Migration has arrived and Covid-19 is still with us limiting our ability to bird at the best time of year!
As a result North Durham Nature will hold the Spring 2021 Backyard Birding Challenge. Here are the rules:
- Identify and keep track of all the bird species by sight or sound from within the limits of your own yard from April 1 to May 31. For those with a small yard, you can also use the surrounding properties or some nearby park.
- Use attached form to keep track by placing a number “1” in the respective cell for the appropriate species and month.
- You can also keep track of the mammals in your yard if you wish.
- Since Geoff Carpentier is clearly in a league of his own, he will be given a handicap. He needs 1.5 species for anyone else’s 1 species.
- At the end of May (Note that this year there is only one challenge for the two months) send your list of species to James Kamstra at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photographers are encouraged to submit their 3 best photos of a bird or mammal taken in their yard during this period. Photos will be posted on our NDN Facebook page.
I will compile a spreadsheet with all contributions received from North Durham. Watch for the new migrants as they arrive over the coming weeks.
Please send an email to James Kamstra (email@example.com) to express your interest in participating.
© Copyright North Durham Nature